Friday, February 6, 2009

Who Needs Superpowers?

If I was given the opportunity to inherit any superpower I chose, some questions I would ask myself before deciding are: what would I want to accomplish with this power? And what would be the ramifications of using this power? After all, as Spider-Man's Uncle Ben said "with great power comes great responsibility." Sure it might be fun to fly or turn invisible, but what would happen once it was discovered that I had those powers, and people started to expect things from me? And would I try to keep my powers or my identity a secret? Fortunately for me I will never have to come up with an answer to any of these questions. However, if I could choose a superpower, what would it be? I didn't even enjoy riding the tilt-a-whirl, so I think flying would be out of the question. Being super stretchy would just be awkward, and although being able to scare people by appearing seemingly out of nowhere would be fun, I don't think I would choose invisibility either. I think if anything, I would like to be able to teleport. It seems like one of the easier powers to keep secret, and with it, I would save so much time not having to commute anywhere. I would also never have to wait for a plane to see the world, and I would be able to get myself out of almost any dangerous or deadly situation by teleporting out of it. Plus, hide and seek would be so much more fun wouldn't it?

Now you see me, now you don't.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you quoted something to get a point across, and that you took all the factors into account. I agree with teleportation being the easiest to hide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good introduction and good explanation to why that would be your choice of superpower

    ReplyDelete